Blethen Berens was built on a solid foundation.
The firm of Blethen, Gage and Krause was established in 1896 by S.B. Wilson who quickly developed a reputation as a savvy businessman and tenacious trial lawyer. In the 1920s, he served as Chief Justice of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Upon returning to private practice, he added partners and the business grew. Wilson and his partners concentrated their efforts on exceptional service, wise counsel and solid relationships. These same principles hold true for the firm today.
Blethen, Gage and Krause merged with Berens, Rodenberg and O’Connor in July of 2018. The Berens firm was founded in 1927 and has represented individuals and businesses throughout the New Ulm area and beyond.
Combined, both firms have served the area for over 210 years. We have grown from a local firm to a community-devoted practice with broad reaching influence. The firm continues to be one of the oldest and largest practices in the southern Minnesota area. From attentive personal service to resourceful legal strategies, each client, large or small, benefits from our resources, knowledge and commitment to their legal needs.